Sunday, September 28, 2008

// // 3 comments

Wake up, Tosh!




I should wake up...

Competition in our "mad-scientists" AI-club is awaken and funded!

See what De Garis says he's doing now:
http://iss.whu.edu.cn/degaris/about/profile.html

Huge Virtex FPGAs with zillions of logical gates, building a brain-machine, Utah State University - funding, etc....

Not to mention Jeff Hawkins in Numenta - however it's nice, that currently I'm not really impressed by their demos. I should mention again Boris Kazachenko, who's also really working.


Poor twenkid - me... I thought I'm a part of the "mad-scientists" AI-club , but I've been in a sort of vacation for so many years.

Now I'm engineering, playing a filmmaker, the keyboard... Darts!...

I should wake up, or I'll be late for the big party... :-(


It seems the judgment day is coming!

The Terminator theme

3 коментара:

Unknown said...

Hugo de Garis is no longer in Utah. Dates indicate that he did not get a tenure and had to move. The only job he was able to find was Wuhan, China. Place to be? Hmmm.....

Todor "Tosh" Arnaudov - Twenkid said...

Thanks, marcin. I also have read that he's in China, but the informaion was contradictive.

China is not the USA, yeah... But I guess they are spending a lot for such strategic researches...

Todor "Tosh" Arnaudov - Twenkid said...

Oh, I realize that my comment is vague.

I'm not advertizing going to China to do researches, with the reason that maybe they provide funding.

Me personally, I'm not so mad scientist, yet. :)