Sunday, February 10, 2008

// // Leave a Comment

Plans for the future - what I am doing, what I wanna do, what I think that I am doing. Small parts of all....

Българска версия (по-подробна)

Computational Linguistics

I've been in an internship in the Research Group in Computational Linguistics in Wolverhampton RIILP Home Page. What about doing an MPh or a PhD? I don't know. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed about the academic infrastructure. Maybe I've been expecting too much from the real researchers. Perhaps I will write about that in "Phd or Startup - that is the question"... ;)

Computer Science

This autumn I got my BS in Computer Science. Tadaaaah! :-P

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11735&id=634858565&ref=share

I feel so old now... It's so cool to be a student in a University...


Software Engineering

I am following a Master program in Software Engineering in my University - Plovdiv University. I've been considering Cognitive Science and Computational Linguistics, but in the moment of decision both were too complicated. And this Master is just one year.

Electronic Engineering

Recently I started a job as an engineer in a start-up company called ASIC Depot*. We do design and verification of integrated circuits.

've wanted to design CPUs since a boy and now I have the opportunity to do some engineering for a living. :)

ASIC - Application Specific Integrated Circuit


My Future Company for Thinking Machines...

I want to create a start-up company myself, hopefully in few years from now.
It's targeted to develop intelligent software in the beginning, e.g. software for speeding-up the process of scientific research, currently I am designing systems aiming at that goal.
The company would be do doing researches about creation of thinking machines. One day we will start producing real software thinking machines. After that the company will design and produce hardware thinking machines. Ain't it cool! :-P


Computational Creativity

I am doing researches about machines which will create art. If you knew Bulgarian and you have had read some of my old papers - this is one of my favorite topics from my teenage research era.
I've been exciting about that topic, perhaps because the way that I want to solve the problem is making it AI-complete. If I manage to create a nice creative machine, it probably should have kind of mind.

Definitely I wouldn't be satisfied to create systems which do not evolve and don't have imagination like the famous prose generator BRUTUS.1 of S. Bringsjord and Noel. I don't like the "poet" of Kurweil, either. It doesn't have imagination, it doesn't learn to write poems. Poems express feelings, images, relations. If you don't have imagery behind the text, it's... It's not creative, this does not contribute to understanding of what the poetry is.

In Bringsjord, S.; Ferrucci, D.; Bello, P. (2000) - Creativity, the Turing Test, and the (Better) Lovelace Test they try to prove mathematically that machines can't origin art, because they are machines, and my first denial comes there: Faults in Turing Test and Lovelace Test. Introduction of Educational Test.

Running after the big goal Computational Creativity, I've been persuing a lot of directions, as well. I can mention e.g. these:

1. Наратология.
2. Поетика.
3. DUAL - a cognitive architecture of Boycho Kokinov.
4. AMBR - Associative Memory-Based Reasoning - a model by B. Kokinov.
5. Developmental Psychology, Child Psychology and related.
6. Elementary and primary school pedagogics.
7. Textbooks for little students.
8. Writing by children of different ages, especially writings by same children at different ages, say 6 years, 6,2 years, 6,4 years - in order to capture small steps in the development.
9. Educational standards.
10. Language Acquisition, Differential researches on the language of children of different ages

11. Stylistics.
12. Pragmatics.
13. Acquisition of Casual Relationship between events.
14. Machine Learning - Markov chains, Bayes networks, Hierarchical Temporal Memory - http://numenta.com
15. Developmen of my old theories about the mind as Universal Predictor of the future of its perceptions. It's very similar to Memory-Prediction Framework in Hierarchical Temporal Memory of Jeff Hawkins. My theories are there and there, but yet they are only in Bulgarian.
16. Machine learning with will, attention, desires...
17. Data mining, search for dependences and structure in random data.
18. Modeling the processes in creation of pieces of art, especially story making.
19. TRIZ - Theory for solving invention problems (I have to check it thoroughly).
20. Writing articles with given constraints, directions, example, template etc. by one or many authors. See e.g. "Фрагменти" (Bulgarian)
21. Imagination modeling.
22. Imagination tests, measuring imagination capacity.
23. Perception modeling.
24. Universal emulators/predictors of perceptions.
...


By the way, I am thinking about a possible PhD in Computational Creativity.


Glas 2 (Voice 2 - Speech Synthesizer)


I am preparing myself to make Glas 2 - improved version of my speech synthesizer from 2004. Probably as a Master thesis. Voice: http://geocities.com/todprog/bgr/glas.htm (Bulgarian)

More about - later.


Computer vision, NLP, Corpus processing, Sociolinguistics, Research accelerators

Later.

...

My philosophy and hypothesis about the Universe and the Mind

I mentioned that it sounds similar to Jeff Hawkins framework in "On Intelligence", so first of all I have to translate at least part of my theory to be visible not only for Bulgarians. However, most important is to set my soul back to the creative mood when I was when I've been writing them and move my imagination further.

"Sacred Computer 2" (e-zine)

I want to recreate my old e-zine (or here), where my philosophy and other developments were presented back in time. :)


To be continued...

0 коментара: