Target research directions so far:
- Artificial General Intelligence
- Artificial Mind
- Artificial Life
- Cognitive Computing
- Cognitive Science
- Computational Linguistics
- Data Mining
- Computer Vision
- Image Processing
- Sound Processing
Understanding the processes of learning, thinking, imagination, problem solving, decision making and development of evolving, thinking and creative machines.
- Perceptions, mind states, thoughts, memories, imagination, desires, intentions etc. representation, simulation and generation.
- Natural language understanding.
- Natural language generation.
- World-knowledge representation, world-physics and human behaviour simulation for NLU, NLG and for perceptions, thoughts etc. simulation.
- Machine imagination and creative machines. Creative writing by machines. Dreaming machines.
- Machine learning, based on world-knowledge representations and simulations evolved from the input.
- Building world-knowledge and language competences by semi-supervised machine learning, using the web as world-knowledge feeder and language teacher.
- Differential intelligence researches.
- Didactics methods for measuring general intelligence of machines.
- First lanuage acquisition by humans. Modeling language skills development.
- First language acquisition by machines, which learn their knowledge, "corpora" and grammars like children do - by reading, analyzing and building new knowledge step by step with optional support of supervizing knowledge, given by human "teachers" or taken by the machine from ordinary textbooks and interaction with people on the Internet.
- Conversation agents. "Chat bots", "Virtual bloggers" and "Virtual forumers" which do NLU, "imagine" what the conversation is about, have intentions and express thoughts about the topics, aiming to keep real conversation.
- Intelligent Desktop and Network Search Engines, Intelligent Personal Organizers, Document and Notes Classifiers and Virtual Assistants.
- Speech Modeling
- Speech Synthesis
- Synthesis of Singing
- Speech Mimicry (extracting voice features from an input speech, then application in speech model and synthesis of speech with the same voice as the voice of the example).
- Advanced preprocessed image formats, assisting computer vision.
- Memory and heuristics based generation of photo realistic images, without complete 3D-modeling and rendering.
- Memory and heuristics based generation of 3D-models from single or multiple images.
- Computer Vision - Image/object recognition, categorization, generation, combination. Bots and robots, moving in virtual 3D worlds, a real world or in hybrid 2D-3D world simulations like in Quest games, which percept the world by vision systems.